“Netbt.sys” is a legitimate Windows XP file from Microsoft Corporation that you cannot remove or delete. If you do not install the recommended security updates on your system, your computer is protected from viruses, trojans, and hackers. When the file “Netbt.sys” if infected by a trojan, you will experience problems with internet or network connections. Most antivirus programs cannot clean the Trojan horse “Netbt.sys”. You can clean your computer by following the steps below.
1. Download TDSSKiller anti-rootkit utility from Kaspersky website on your desktop.
2. When the download process is complete, selectRunning“
3. In Kaspersky’s Anti-rootkit utility, click “Start scanning“
When the scanning process is finished, a new window will open with the scan results.
4. selectTreatment” and allow the program to complete the process of treating the infected “netbt.sys” file.
5. After the “cure” operation is completed, restart your computer
6. After restarting, Restart TDSSKiller To scan for rootkits one more time. If the previous treatment was successfully completed, the program will now inform you about it “No threat found“
7. Continue to clean your computer with an antivirus program.