One of the simplest and most effective Windows security measures is to set a password for your account and lock the screen when you’re away from your computer. By default, Windows 11 displays the lock screen when the computer is idle or when you restart it.
Since the lock screen has been an integral part of Windows for years, it has become so commonplace that we almost forget to add a personal touch by changing its background.
In this guide, we will show you the steps to change the lock screen background in Windows 11.
Quick Steps to Change Lock Screen Wallpaper in Windows 11
- go to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen
- click on Windows Spotlight and select from the drop-down menu Picture.
- Choose your custom image and you’re done.
How to change the background on the Windows 11 lock screen.
1. click on Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Choose Personalization from the left panel and click on Lock screen on the right side of the window.
2. Yes Personalize your lock screen click the drop-down menu next to it Windows Spotlight to see all available options:
- Windows Spotlight: (Default option). By selecting this option, Windows will automatically set a random image as the lock screen background.
- Picture: If you want to set a specific image or picture as the background on the Windows 11 lock screen, select this option and then select an image from Microsoft or click Check out the photos to select an image from your personal collection.
- Slide show: If you use this option, you can select a specific folder (or folders) containing your photos, and Windows will periodically switch them and display them as the background on the lock screen.
Other lock screen settings you can make in Windows 11:
After you finish running in the background of the lock screen, you can also configure what other information is displayed on the lock screen by other Windows applications. For example:
1. To whom Get fun facts, tips and more on your lock screen (from the Internet), leave this option checked.
2. If you want to also show the lock screen background in the login window, turn on the toggle for Show lock screen wallpaper on login screen.
3. click on Lock screen status Select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
No: Select it if you don’t want Windows 11 to show information from other apps.
The weather: If you want to see the weather on the Windows 11 lock screen, select it.
Mail: Select it if you want to see lock screen notifications from Windows Mail.
Calendar: By selecting this, you will receive notifications from the Windows Calendar app (such as your tasks, birthdays, etc.)
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.