If you have set up a shared mailbox in Office 365 and want to access your shared mailbox in Outlook for the desktop or Outlook for the web (OWA), continue reading this guide. As you know, a shared mailbox “offers” a central email address (eg, “firstname.lastname@example.org”) that team members can use to reply to emails from the next available team member. In addition, using the shadow mailbox, group members can share the same contact list and calendar to create and share their meetings.
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to add and use a public mailbox in the Outlook desktop application or Outlook Web App (OWA). *
*Note: Normally, any shared mailbox you create is automatically added to Microsoft Outlook (the desktop application) or Outlook on the web when users with permissions on the mailbox restart Outlook. If this does not happen, this tutorial is written.
How to manually add a public mailbox in Outlook.
Part 1. How to Add a Public Mailbox in Microsoft Outlook
Part 2. How to add a public mailbox in Outlook on the web.
Part 1. How to access and use your Office 365 shared mailbox in Outlook.
To access a shared mailbox in Outlook, you must first add this shared mailbox to your account. For this:
1. click on File click the tab and go Profile settings > Profile settings.
2. Select and click the email account that has access to the shared mailbox Change.
3. press Additional settings.
4. Yes Complicated tab, click Add.
5. Enter the name or email address of the public mailbox and click OK.
6. press Please apply and OK after that The next one a Termination to close account features.
7. The shared mailbox is now automatically displayed in your mail Folder panel in Outlook.
8. To send or reply to an e-mail message using a shared mailbox, make sure that the name (email address) of the Shared mailbox is displayed in the “From” field of the e-mail message. *
*Note: If you don’t see it From whom select the field at the top of your message Options > From whom.
Part 2. How to access and use your Office 365 shared mailbox in Outlook for WEB.
To access a public mailbox on the WEB for Outlook, you must first add this public mailbox to your account. For this:
1. Sign in to your Office 365 account and open Outlook on the web.
2. Right click to your primary mailbox name (or Volumes) and select Add a public folder.
3. Enter the name or email address of the public mailbox and click Add.
4. The shared mailbox is now automatically displayed in your mail Folder panel In Outlook, under your primary mailbox.
5. Click to send your first message using a shared mailbox New message button and 3 points menu selection Show from.
6. Make sure the “From” field shows a public mailbox name, then enter the recipient’s address and your message. When done, press the button Sent Click the button to send your first email using a shared mailbox account.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.