Apps are portable apps that do not require installation. Just download and run the executable. Portable apps are the best because they don’t need to be installed, don’t add anything to the program, and can easily be placed on any drive. Otherwise, you can take portable apps on your pen drive or other USB mass storage drive and run them on another computer without installing them. In this article we will try to teach you how to add Portable Software Menu to Windows 11.
Windows’ dirty little secret is that the more programs you install, the slower it runs. When you install a program, it writes data to the Windows registry. The Windows registry is a database. The more data you write into the database, the longer the database search takes. That slows everything down. Usually, when you uninstall a program, it leaves some data in the database. Eventually you will need to reinstall Windows and reinstall your programs to get speed back. Okay, maybe that’s no secret, but here’s a solution.
How to Add a Portable App to Windows 11 Start Menu
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to the portable application folder.
- Right click on the application’s .exe file.
- Select the Create Shortcut option.
- Select the shortcut and press “Ctrl + C”.
- Open the Run window with “Win + R”.
- Paste “%appdata%MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms” and click “OK”.
- Paste the shortcut into the Start menu folder.
- Close File Explorer.
- The application will appear in the start menu within a few seconds.
- This action will add the portable app to the start menu.
That’s it with our article on how to add Portable App to Start Menu Windows 11. If you also want to know how to add Portable App to Start Menu in Windows 11 then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Add a Portable App to the Start Menu on Windows 11.