If you want to forward Outlook emails to Gmail or forward your Gmail messages to another account, keep reading as we have listed the easiest ways to do it in this guide.
Sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of all customer/business related inquiries or correspondence, especially when all messages end up in the same inbox.
An easy way to organize, read and respond to important emails is to forward them to another email address that you can always access, and luckily, most email services and applications, including Outlook and Gmail allows its users to do so.
How to forward Outlook to Gmail or Gmail to Outlook.
Follow the instructions in the methods below to automatically forward Outlook emails to your Gmail or other email account.
Method 1. How to Forward Outlook Emails to GMAIL (Outlook Desktop App)
To send your emails from Outlook to Gmail in Outlook 365/2016/2013:
1. go to House tab, click Rules and select Create a rule. *
*Note: Alternatively, you can choose Manage rules and alerts > New rule and continue to step 4a below.
2. Click on the next window Advanced options.
3. Choose Apply the rule to messages I receive and press The next one. *
*Note: Select to forward all messages you’ve sent Apply the rule to messages I send.
4. The next window shows a list of actions you can take for messages. Select to automatically forward all Outlook emails to Gmail or another email account through a designated account and click on it defined.
4b. Select and click the email account you want to forward all received (or sent) messages to OK. Then click The next one.
5a. Select on the next screen send to people or community group after that Click on people or a general group.
5b. Now enter the email address you want to send your emails to in the To field. Click when done OK and The next one.
6. In the exception options, set the options you want and click The next one again.
7. Finally, enter a name for your rule and make sure Enable this rule checkbox selected. Click when done Termination to save your changes.
Method 2: How to send Outlook emails to Gmail in Outlook for WEB.
PART 1. HOW TO FORWARD ALL EMAILS TO ANOTHER OUTLOOK.COM ACCOUNT.
1. Go to Outlook.com email.
2. Click on the gear icon on the toolbar and click on View all Outlook settings.
2. Select in the settings window Mail from the left panel and then click Referral.
3. check the Enable forwarding box, and in the field below, enter the Gmail address where you will receive email messages.
*Note: You can also check the linked box Keep a copy of forwarded messages if you want Outlook to keep a copy of sent email messages.
PART 2. HOW TO BLOCK ONLY CERTIFICATE EMAILS TO ANOTHER OUTLOOK.COM ACCOUNT.
If you want Outlook to send only messages that meet certain conditions, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Outlook.com Settings and select View all Outlook settings.
2. Select from the left panel Mail > Rules and press Add a new rule from the right panel.
3. In the next window, give the rule a descriptive name and select the conditions for the sent message.
4. Once done, expand the drop down menu below Add action and select Forward.
5. Enter the email address you want to forward the messages to and click Save
Method 3. How to forward GMAIL messages to another email account.
Like Outlook.com, Gmail lets you forward your emails to any other email address.
Part 1. HOW TO FORWARD ALL INCOMING GMAIL EMAILS TO ANOTHER EMAIL ACCOUNT.
If you want to forward all your incoming Gmail messages to another email address:
1. Click the gear icon in Gmail in the upper right corner of the window and then select See all settings from the list of available options.
2. go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP Tab.
3. click on it Add a Forwarding Address button.
4. Enter an email address for forwarded messages. and press The next one.*
*Note: You can only add one email address at a time, so repeat step 3 if you want to add multiple email addresses.
5. GMAIL will now send a verification code to the email address you entered, allowing you to send emails. After the email owner clicks the link in the email to give you permission, you can start forwarding your emails to the new email address with one of the following options for sent messages:
- Keep email out of the inbox
- Mark the message as read in your inbox
- Archive original message
- Delete the original
6. After completing the steps above, all incoming Gmail will be automatically forwarded to the email address you specified. If you want to stop the redirect in the future, just check out Disable forwarding within the option Forwarding and POP/IMAP Tab.
Part 2. HOW TO FORWARD ONLY CUSTOM GMAIL MESSAGES TO ANOTHER EMAIL ACCOUNT.
If you don’t want to send all incoming mail, but only send emails based on certain criteria, you can use Gmail filters.
1. Click the gear icon in Gmail in the upper right corner and then click See all settings.
2. Yes Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, click create a filter. *
*Note: Alternatively, select Filters and blocked addresses tab and click Create a filter.
3. On the next screen, select the transfer condition and click on it Create a filter. *
* For example, if you want to forward only emails received from a specific email address, enter the email address in the “From” field).
4. On the next screen check Forward and to add the shipping address. Click when done Create a filter.
5. You are done. To turn off future forwarding, go to Filters and blocked addresses Go to the tab in GMAIL settings, select the transfer rule and click Delete.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.