If you have installed the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, and after restarting, the Teredo Tunneling Adapter is not present as an installed device in the device manager, or it does not work (the device fails to start – Code 10), it is possible The Teredo tunneling adapter is configured incorrectly on your computer. Follow these steps to resolve these issues on the Teredo tunneling adapter (or Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface).
How to Fix Teredo Tunneling Missing Problem or Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Error Code 10
Step 1: Run the Teredo client.
1. go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. right click on Command line and select Run as administrator
3. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands in that order and click Enter after you have written each of them.
- int teredo
- setting status is disabled
- int ipv6
- install the teredo client
4. Close the Command Prompt window.
Step 2: Delete the Teredo Tunneling pseudo-interface.
5. It’s open Device Manager. For this:
- Click on “Windows” + “RClick the ” button to download Running dialog box.
- write “devmgmt.msc” and click Enter.
6. In the device manager, from Appearance menu selection Show hidden devices.
7. under Network adapters you should see a new device called Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface. Right click on it and select Delete.
8. Continue installing Teredo Tunneling without closing Device Manager.
Step 3: Reinstall the Microsoft Teredo Tunnel Adapter
1. Reinstall the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter using the steps in this guide: How to Install the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
2. Restart your computer.
Note: If the Teredo Tunneling device still does not start (Code 10), follow the steps in this guide. Teredo Tunneling device cannot start – error code 10 to fix.
You are done!