If you get the message “SmartScreen can’t be accessed right now” when you try to install the program on Windows 10/11, please continue to repeat below to fix the problem.
Microsoft considers security an important feature in its devices and SmartScreen is a built-in security component in Windows 10/11. It is a cloud-based anti-malware component that prevents devices from downloading malware or browsing potentially malicious websites.
Problem details: SmartScreen may display an error message when you try to install an app “Windows SmartScreen cannot be contacted right now.”
The error “SmartScreen cannot be accessed at this time” can occur for the following reasons:
- Bad internet connection.
- SmartScreen may be disabled.
- Using a proxy server.
- Virus attack.
- Corrupt user profile.
How to fix: Unable to reach Windows SmartScreen in Windows 11/10.
If you have no problem accessing the Internet, continue with the installation all available Windows updates and see if that fixes the “Cannot access Windows SmartScreen” error. If not, use one of the methods/steps below to resolve the issue.
- Enable SmartScreen in Security Settings.
- Enable SmartScreen in Group Policy.
- Disable the proxy server.
- Check for viruses.
- Create a new user profile.
Method 1. Enable Windows SmartScreen in Defender options.
This error usually occurs if Windows Smart Screen is disabled. So go to Windows Defender settings and enable SmartScreen.
1. Type Windows security in the search bar, then select It’s open to run the application.
2. Choose Application and browser management in the security panel.
3. Choose Reputation-based protection settings
4. ON following options to protect your device from malicious attacks.
- Check the applications and files.
- SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge.
- Block potentially unwanted applications.
- SmartScreen for Microsoft Store apps.
5. Once this is done, the “Unable to reach SmartScreen” error should be fixed.
Method 2. Enable SmartScreen in Group Policy.
If you have Windows 10 Pro or Windows Pro edition, enable Windows SmartScreen in Group Policy as shown below. *
*Note: These steps only apply if you are using Windows 10/11 Pro version. Group Policy is not available in Windows Home editions. If you are using the Home version of Windows 10/11, proceed to the next method.
1. press Windows + R press the keys on the keyboard at the same time to open it Running dialog box.
2. Type gpedit.msc and beat Enter To launch the Group Policy Editor.
3. Now navigate to the following path in the Group Policy Editor:
- Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> File Explorer
4. In the right pane, double click at Configure Windows Defender SmartScreen.
5. Choose On, then press OK.
6. Close the Group Policy Editor, restart turn on the computer and see if the error stops.
Method 3. SmartScreen cannot be reached by disabling the proxy server.
If you are using a proxy server on your device, it may affect your network and cause a problem with Windows Smart Screen. Follow the steps below to disable the proxy server.
1. go to Start > settings, choose Network and Internet on the left and then click Proxy.
2. under Configure the proxy manually, press Adjustment; installation.
3. DELETE button Use a proxy server and beat Save.
4. Once done, check if the issue is resolved.
Method 4. Scan your computer for viruses and malware.
If the “Windows SmartScreen” error persists after trying the above methods, make sure your computer is 100% free from malware such as rootkits, malware, or viruses. To complete this task, follow the steps in this Quick Malware Scan and Removal Guide and see if the SmartScreen error is fixed.
Method 5. Create a new user profile.
If the SmartScreen problem persists, the user profile may be corrupted. In that case, go ahead and create a new user profile and see if that fixes the problem.
1. go to Start > Settings.
2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
3. under Other users choose Add an account
4. Click on the next screen I don’t have this person’s login information
5. Choose now Add a user without a Microsoft account.
6. In Who uses this computer? enter a preference in the section username and password click on the empty fields and click The next one.
7. Choose now Change account type from drop down menu in the newly created account.
8. Change the account type to Administratorthen press OK.
9. Close all open programs and restart Computer.
10. On the login screen, select a new account to sign in to and see if the SmartScreen error appears. If not, transfer the files and settings from the old account and you’re done!
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.