If you previously installed a trial version of MS Office on your computer and currently have a paid version of Office 2016/2019/365 installed, but Office keeps asking for activation, proceed below to fix the problem.
Before installing a new paid subscription of Microsoft Office 2016/2019, you must remove the office installed in the previous one, otherwise you can activate the old office subscription with a. Let’s start the screen.
How to fix: Office always asks for activation (Office 2016 or Office 2019/365).
After installing the paid version of Microsoft Office, it helps to activate it again and again, you have the following options to get rid of the activation request:
Method 1. Remove the old office license using a script.
Method 2. Remove the pre-installed Office registry.
Method 3. Completely uninstall all versions of Office and reinstall MS OFFICE.
Method 1. Remove the Office activation offer by removing the invalid license.
The first way to stop office to activate Office 2016/2019 License is to remove the license from your computer.
1. Close all Office programs.
2. It’s open Command line as administrator.
3. Now, depending on the version of Office installed (32-bit or 64-bit), type the following command and click Enter:
- OFFICE 2016/2019 32 bit
- cscript “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS” /dstatus
- OFFICE 2016/2019 64 bit
- cscript “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS” /dstatus
4. Now which office product shows an error in the status of the license and pay attention to it the last 5 characters of the installed product key.
5. Finally, copy/paste one of the commands below, depending on your version of Office, and replace XXXXX with the 5 characters you saw in the previous step.*
- OFFICE 2016/2019 32 bit.
- CSCRICRING:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\\Osp.VBS”/ In:XXXXXX
- Office 2016/2019 64Bit.
- cscript “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS” /open:XXXXXX
* For example, in this example the command would be:
- cscript “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS” /key:8MBCX
6. Now open the office program and check if the activation problem is solved. If not, go to the next method.
Method 2 2. Stop asking for activation by deleting “L].and let’s get started” screen Office has been launched.
If you bought a new computer with Office pre-installed and installed an Office 2016/2019 volume license without deleting the pre-installed version, go ahead and remove the registry of the pre-installed version of Office to get rid of it. Let’s start the screen.
1. Close everyone Office programs.
2. It’s open the Registry editor. For this:
a. press at the same time Windows + R buttons to open the run command window.
b. Type regedit and press Enter.
c. Choose Yes At the “User Account Management” prompt to continue
3. Once you are inside the registry editor, follow the steps below.
4. Right click at OEM button and click Delete.
5. Now go ahead and Turn off also OEM key at the following address:
6. Shut down Registry editor and restart your personal computer.
Method 3. Stop activating Office by uninstalling and reinstalling Office all the time.
The last way to stop asking you to activate Office constantly is to uninstall and reinstall Office using the Office Uninstaller.
1. Close all Office Programs.
2. Download it and run Office Uninstaller (aka) Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (Sarah).
3. When uninstalling an Office product, choose the following uninstall all Office products and press The next one.
4. After the Office removal is complete, restart your computer.
5. Install and activate your Office subscription. *
1. Follow these instructions to install Office 2016 or Office-2013: How to install or reinstall Office 2016/2013 Office on PC.
2. Follow these instructions to install Office 365 or Office 2019: How to install or reinstall Office 2019 or Office 365 on a computer.
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.