This article provides instructions on how to resolve the DOS/4G error (2001) exception 0Dh when trying to run a DOS application that uses the DOS/4G extension on Windows 10. DOS/4G is a 32-bit DOS extension developed by Rational Systems (later Tenberry Software) that allows DOS programs to bypass the traditional memory limit of 640 KB. By addressing all available memory on Intel 80386 and higher computers.
How to Fix: DOS/4G Error 2001: Exception 0Dh on Windows 10 or 7 OS.
The “DOS/4G 2001 error: exception 0Dh” error is related to the Windows PATH rather than what the DOS4G extension is designed to handle. Actually, this happens because the DOS4G extension has a limit of 260 characters, significantly longer than the 260 characters that are typically used on more modern systems.
To resolve the “DOS/4G error (2001) exception 0Dh” problem, add the line “SET PATH=” to the batch file that runs the program or to the “Autoexec.nt” file.
For example: To add the line “SET PATH=” to the “autoexec.nt file”:
1. From whom File optionschoose Show the hidden files, the Protected operating system files and extensions for certain file types.
2. Editing “C:\Windows\System32\autoexec.nt” file in Notepad and add this line: *
*Note: If “Autoexec.nt” does not exist in the above location (C:\Windows\System32\), see the instructions below on how to create it.
3. Storage the Autoexec.nt file and restart your personal computer.
4. Run your old app. “DOS/4G Error (2001)” should be resolved.
How to create an autoexec.nt file:
1. Opening Notepad and copy and paste the following text:
lh % SYSTEMROOT% \ system32 \ directory
lh % SYSTEMROOT% \ system32 \ dosx
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3
Go to 2 File > Save otherwise
3. In file name box, type autoexec.nt
4. Change the Storage type for All files and Save file inside C:\Windows\System32 directory. *
*Note: If your system does not allow saving to “C:\Windows\System32”, save the “autoexec.nt” file to your desktop and move it to “C:\Windows\System32”.
5. Restart your personal computer.
You are done! Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.