An “APC INDEX MISMATCH” blue screen error in the “Win32kfull.sys” file may appear after installing the cumulative update for Windows 10 KB5000802. “APC INDEX MISMATCH” BSOD error caused by win32kfull.sys and win32kbase.sys drivers, usually appears when printing in Windows 10, but in most cases the problem occurs during system startup, which makes the computer unusable.
This guide contains instructions on how to resolve the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD error caused by win32kfull.sys in Windows 10.
How to fix: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH in Windows 10.
To easily fix “APC INDEX MISMATCH” BSOD error in Windows 10, follow the instructions below according to your situation:
Situation A. If you can log into Windows 10.
If you can log into Windows 10, you have the following methods to solve the “APC INDEX MISMATCH” error.
Case B. If you can’t log into Windows 10.
If you can’t log into Windows 10, you need to fix the “APC INDEX MISMATCH” error from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)* using one of the following methods:
*Note: If you can’t sign in to Windows 10 but can get to the sign-in screen, hold down the SHIFT press the button Power Click and select the icon in the lower right corner Restart. After rebooting, follow the method-3 or method-4 below to fix “APC INDEX MISMATCH” BSOD.
Method 1. Uninstall the KB5000802 update from Windows 10.
To remove update KB5000802 that caused “APC INDEX MISMATCH” BSOD error in “win32kfull.sys”:
1. go to Start > Settings > Update and securityy > Windows update.
2. press View update history.
3. select the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5000802) and press Delete.
4. After the shutdown restart your personal computer.
Method 2. Install update KB5001649.
An alternative way to fix the “APC INDEX MISMATCH” error in Windows 10 is to download and install the cumulative update for Windows 10 (KB5001649) from the Microsoft Update catalog.
Method 3. Uninstall the latest update from the WinRE environment.
Usually, after the BSOD screen, your computer will automatically restart to the recovery screen.
1. press See advanced repair options.
2. press Troubleshooting -> Advanced options -> Disable updates.
3. press Uninstall the latest quality update.
4. When the update is disabled, log into Windows 10 as usual.
5. Download and install the KB5001649 update to prevent the “APC INDEX MISMATCH” error from appearing again.
Method 4. Perform system recovery from WinRE environment.
To restore the system to its previous working state:
1. On the recovery screen, tap See advanced repair options.
2. press Troubleshooting -> Advanced options -> System Restore.
3. After restarting, select your account and enter your password if available. *
*Note: If you have more than one account on your computer, choose one with administrator rights.
4. On the first screen of system recovery, click The next one. *
*Note: If no restore points have been created on your computer, click Cancel and follow the instructions in Method 3 above to resolve the issue.
5. Select the previous restore point and click on it The next one.
6. Click on the next screen Termination and wait for the recovery process to complete.
7. Download and install the update KB5001649 to prevent the “APC INDEX MISMATCH” error from reoccurring after logging into Windows.
That’s it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide helped you by leaving a comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.