“Firefox should be updated immediately” message is a fake security alert message. In fact, this message is a malicious program that violates Firefox’s default settings. When the user chooses to “start the update process”, the virus compromises the security of the computer. If you see this message on your screen, close Firefox immediately and continue to check if your system is infected. *
Note*: There’s no reason to manually update Firefox, because Firefox automatically updates when needed.
If you want to make sure that your system is clean or if you want to remove this malware from your computer, follow these steps.
Step 1: Clean your computer with RogueKiller.
1. Download and save “Rogue Killer” utility on your desktop.
Note*: Download it x86 version or X64 according to your operating system version. To find your operating system version “Right click” go to your computer icon and “System type” Section.
2. Find it “Killer Killer” on your desktop and double click run it. Once the pre-check is complete, Click the “Scan” button button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is complete, click the “Remove” button to remove all malicious items.
4. Once the removal of malicious threats is complete, Click on “Fix proxy server”. button to fix proxy entries.
5. Restart your computer.
Step 2. Reset Firefox settings
How to Reset Firefox Settings to Defaults
1. From the Firefox menu, select “help me” > “Troubleshooting information“.
2. “atTroubleshooting information” window, click “Restore Firefox” button Reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Click on “Reset Firefox” again.
4. Firefox will restart when the restore is complete.
5. Close all Firefox windows and go to the next one Step.
Step 3. Clean up unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” and continue clean your system is temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.
Step 4. Clean from your computer malicious threats.
Use MalwareBytes Antimalware to clean your computer of any remaining malicious threats.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use”MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Tip: To keep your computer clean and safe, Run Malwarebytes anti-malware full scan in Windows “Safe Mode”..*
*To enter Windows Safe Mode “F8” button before the Windows logo appears when your computer starts up. When “Windows advanced options menu” appears on your screen, use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate Safe mode and then click “INTRODUCTION“.
Step 5. Run a full scan with your antivirus software
Run your antivirus program and do a full scan to all files and folders.