A result: In this article, you can learn 5 easy ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Do you have a lot of photos on your iPhone? Are they taking up the most iPhone storage?
If you have enough storage space, they are not a problem for you. However, if you’re low on storage, moving them to another device can quickly reclaim space on your iPhone.
Mac is a great place to store iPhone photos. In this blog post, we will introduce you to 5 easy ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Read on to find out what they are.
Should I transfer iPhone photos to Mac?
The answer is yes. Here are some scenarios where you need to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
- iPhone storage is low.
- Prevent the loss of important photos.
- Before you give away or sell your iPhone.
- Organize and edit iPhone photos on Mac.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
There are several ways to transfer iPhone photos to your Mac. All you have to do is choose the way you like.
Method 1. Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
The fastest and easiest way to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac is with AirDrop. However, before you use AirDrop photos, you should make sure that:
- AirDrop on iPhone and Mac accepts files from anyone.
- Your iPhone and Mac are well connected to the network.
Here are the steps.
- Open Photos on your iPhone.
- Select the photos you want to copy to your Mac.
- Click the Share icon > AirDrop > Mac name.
- Find the uploaded photos in the Downloads folder on your Mac.
Method 2. Sync photos from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
AirDrop is better for transferring a small number of photos. If you want to move a lot of photos from iPhone to Mac, iCloud may be your ideal choice.
- Make sure the photos on your iPhone are synced with iCloud.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Click the Pictures menu in the menu bar and select Options.
- Switch to iCloud and download Originals for this Mac.
Method 3. Import photos from iPhone to Mac using Photos
iCloud is limited to 5 GB of free space. To sync all the photos on your iPhone with iCloud, you’ll need to upgrade to iCloud+ for more storage for at least $0.99 per month.
If you don’t want to spend any money on iCloud, use the Photos app to import photos from iPhone to Mac.
- Connect your iPhone and Mac with a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app, then tap Devices > Your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone and the Photos app will automatically sync iPhone photos with your Mac.
- Select the photos you want to copy to your Mac, then click XX Import Selected.
- To import all your iPhone photos to your Mac, click the Import All New Photos button in the upper right corner.
- To delete iPhone photos from your Mac, select the photos you want to remove and check the box next to Deleted Items.
Method 4. Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using photo capture
Another way to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac is to use the Image Capture tool built into macOS. This tool is designed to capture videos and photos from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and other devices with cameras. Just like the Photos app, Image Capture also lets you delete photos from your iPhone on Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Start drawing.
- Unlock your iPhone, wait a few seconds, then you can find all iPhone photos in Image Capture.
- Select the photos you want to download to your Mac, choose a destination for them, and click the Download button in the lower right corner.
- To delete a photo from your iPhone, right-click on it and select Delete “XXX”.
Method 5. Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using File Transfer app
There are many third-party file transfer apps available online that allow you to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac either wired or wireless. In fact, they can have features like organizing and backing up iPhone files in addition to transferring photos.
If none of the above methods work for you, then a file transfer app is the way to go.
Bonus Tip: How to Quickly Delete Duplicate Photos on Mac
You have many iPhone photos copied to your Mac. If you want a faster and easier way to find duplicate photos on your Mac, try BuhoCleaner.
BuhoCleaner is one of the best duplicate file finder tools for Mac. It can find and delete duplicate photos, files, songs, documents and more from any folder on your Mac. In addition to removing duplicates, it also cleans cache, deletes apps, deletes large files, analyzes disk space, and more.
Here’s how to delete duplicate photos on Mac with BuhoCleaner.
- Download, install and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click Copies and select the folder you want to scan.
- Click on the Image tab and you will find all duplicate images.
- Preview and delete the ones you don’t need.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Which route do you like best and would you like to try it first?
Duplicate photos can take up a lot of space on your Mac. If you want to get rid of them easily, try BuhoCleaner.