A result: Before selling or giving away an Apple device, it’s a good idea to remove it from your Apple ID. Don’t know what to do? Read on to learn 4 ways.
Apple ID is essential for your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac. Before you can access all Apple services, you must sign in to your Apple ID account on your device. However, when you sell, gift, or trade in a device, it’s recommended that you remove it from your Apple ID to avoid putting your personal information at risk.
In the following sections, we’ll show you how to remove a device from your Apple ID. Go and see which way is right for you.
How to remove a device from your Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
The best way to remove a device from your Apple ID is to use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings and tap on your username.
- Move your page to the list of trusted devices.
- Tap the device you want to remove, then tap Remove from Account.
- Tap off again to confirm.
How to Remove a Device from an Apple ID Using a Mac
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch is unavailable, use your Mac to remove the device from your Apple ID.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences > Apple ID.
- In the lower left corner, you can see all your trusted devices. Click on the device you want to remove.
- Click Remove from account and confirm your removal.
How to use the Apple ID Registration page to remove a device
The Manage Apple ID account page allows you to manage devices associated with your Apple ID. The steps are simple.
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in to your account and you’ll see all the information about your Apple ID.
- Click Devices, and then select the device you want to delete.
- Click Remove from account, then click Remove this iPhone/iPad/Mac to confirm.
How to remove a device from your Apple ID using iCloud
There is another easy way to remove a device from your Apple ID – through iCloud. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in to your account.
- Click your name in the upper right corner and select Account Settings.
- In the “My Devices” section, you can see all the devices connected to your iCloud.
- Select the device you want to remove and click the X icon next to the device to remove it from your account.
- When you’re done, sign out of iCloud.
How to remove a device from your Apple ID. As you can see, all these methods are easy. All you have to do is choose the way you like.
One thing you need to know is to permanently delete the device from your account page, sign out of iCloud, iTunes and the App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center on that device, or delete all content and settings on that device. .